Sunday, December 29, 2013

Swedish Roots

I've always known my grandpa's family was Swedish (my mom's dad). I have always been interested in Sweden. My aunt a few years ago traced back our family line on ancestory.com and found many of our family members that are still located in Sweden. We communicate over Facebook and I really enjoy interacting with them. One day I would love to go to Sweden and see my roots.

Lately, I have found many Swedish wedding and marriage traditions I will be incorporating in my wedding. I will be wearing a veil, not throwing my bouquet and keeping it and wearing an engagement ring, a wedding band and a band for motherhood. 

On my way home for Christmas break, I stopped in a town called Swedesville. I picked up a cookbook and have flagged many recipes that I want to try. I have gotten many recipes from my distant Swedish relative that I am eager to try. While I was waiting for the recipes I found many that I wanted to try and tried them for our family Christmas. I loved them and I can't wait to try more. 

I'm very proud of being Swedish and love sharing it with everyone. I can't wait to make more Swedish goods. Hopefully someday I will make it to Sweden.

Love always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment