We went to the Northalsted Market. So, not what visitchicago.com said it was going to be. Not a market at all. Honestly as I heard another group of friends says "a gay fest". Gareth got hit on. I seen things a small town county girl shouldn't. We walked one way and got out of there cause it was just uncomfortable. No, I am not against gays. I have gay family members and love them for who they are. I am from small town Iowa. This means we are very reserved. Traditional couples don't even show affection in public. I'm from a very down home traditional place. I was not exposed to that culture growing up. We walked probably ten blocks and found a bar called "The Dark Horse". We had to stop. It was a good time. We finally found our way back to the car.

We headed to Gino's East for some deep dish Chicago pizza. It was so great. I loved it. I wish I could have deep dish pizza all the time now. I want to go back just for the pizza. For dessert we headed to the Twisted Baker. My best friend just got a job there so we had to try it out.
Next we headed to the We The Kings concert. The concert wasn't the best. There were 5 warm up acts and between each act they took half an hour to set up. It just killed the mood. Plus it was like a big high school party there. We The Kings was really good in concert. We left early at 10:45 since we had a half hour drive to the hotel.
Got to the hotel and all ready to check in. The desk worker said we had no reservation at all. So, I called Expedia and they said she had given our reservation away. So, Expedia upgraded up to a King Suite at the Holiday Inn. It was massive and so nice. As Gareth said "we were high rollers". We got a good nights sleep finally at 2 am.
The next morning I got up and got ready while he was dead to the world. I was super excited for Sunday. We started the day out with going to see the bean. Gareth was not thrilled with this, but I loved it.
Next we headed to The Kerryman Irish restaurant and bar. They had the best food there. I would certainly go back there in a heart beat. I got macaroni and smoked Gouda. It was honestly the best mac and cheese I've ever had. The homemade lemonade was to die for too. Gareth got brunch: french toast and a grilled banana. It was the first grilled banana we have ever had and both loved it.
We headed out to Navy Pier. We spent 2 hours exploring the Pier and looking at all the shops. I took pictures of the Tall Ships. At 3, we meet up with my best friend Sammy Jo, who lives in Chicago. We walked around the Pier a little more and decided to get out of there.
We hoped on the public buses, which was crazy for me to be doing, but I did it anyway. The buses really weren't that bad and were a little fun and reminded me of my school days on the bus. Our next stop was the Sprinkles Cupcakery. I got a smores cupcake. It was the best cupcake ever. It was so cool seeing the Cupcake ATM in person.
We hoped back on the bus. Got back to Navy Pier. Deiced to have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. It was so amazing. Gareth and I shared out first ever cup of gumbo. It was different, but we really liked it. He got a poeboy, Sammy got a chicken sandwich, and I got 2/3 pound of shrimp. It was all so good.
We gave hugs and said our goodbyes and promised to come back when I turn 21 after November to get the Chicagoan experience. I'm pretty excited for that. I had a blast with Sammy Jo. I miss her so much and love her lots. It was a great day having her meet the man I am going to marry and have her approve of him.
Gareth and I went back to our hotel. We hit up the hot tub for about 45 minutes and decided with my heart I should probably get out. We went back to the room and watched TLC while drinking some Angry Orchard. It was the perfect end to a perfect getaway.
Chicago was a lot of fun. We made a lot of good memories and of course grew closer together. This trip only made me want to marry him more and wish it would come faster. I love him to pieces and couldn't have asked to find a more perfect man for me.
Love always,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment