For some odd reason lately I have been really getting into curling my hair. I just love how it looks and makes me look older, more grown up, and more put together. I really could see myself wearing my hair curly to school.
Most people complain about having to curl their hair and that it takes so long. Well, I love it. I love curling my hair and taking that half an hour to myself. I steal the bathroom and just jam out while I curl my hair. It honestly is so relaxing and puts me in such a great mood for the day.
With all great things comes practice. My curling isn't perfect yet, it isn't great yet, but it is okay. And I'm okay with okay because I like how it doesn't look perfect. I'm not perfect, nor should my hair be.
I really think I'm going to curl my hair during my Junior year of college. I am a Junior I should look more put together and sophisticated. Also, I need a new wardrobe. I mean jeans and a t-shirt every single day really isn't grown up. It fact I wore that outfit in high school and junior high.
So, when I get some money I shall invest in some classier shirts. Maybe some lace shirts. I love lace. I might even go crazy and wear dresses to school sometimes. I just really want change. I don't want to be the same as I always was. I want to feel pretty like everyone tells me I am.
Deep down I know I am pretty. The weight gain makes it hard for me to see that, very hard. I think every woman struggles with seeing her own beauty. I think if we took the time to really dress ourselves in something that fits our body and looks good on our body then we will feel pretty and be able to see we are pretty.
I know that shopping for clothes is so frustrating and heart breaking. Things don't fit and it seems like nothing will fit. Maybe try the next size up, you never know it might fit perfectly. I know, no one in the world wants to try the next size up and it hurts to have to try the next size, but wouldn't you rather try the next size and get that perfect top you love rather than just walk out of the store heart broken?
You've just got to change your thoughts. Tell yourself it's okay, size doesn't matter. Really size doesn't matter. Size is a number, it doesn't define you. It doesn't define your personality, doesn't define who you are deep down, and doesn't define your life. Plus, you can always cut the size tag out when you buy it if it really bugs you.
Life as a girl is hard, but being plus sized is even harder. You always feel like you are being looked at. You always try to hide certain body parts. It's a struggle and a fight within your mind. It's a very hard to be a woman.
Ladies- tell yourself every day that you are beautiful and believe it, say it with sincerity. Find clothes that make you feel beautiful and wear them. Forget what others say. If they make you feel good then that's all that matters.
Gents- Be nice. Be that guy that makes her day. Tell her she's beautiful. Tell her how good that outfits looks. If you never say it, she will never know.
Just be confident with what you have and make the most of life. Life is too short to worry about your weight, what others think of you and things that really don't matter. Just be happy and live life to the fullest.
Love always,
Amanda
P.S.
A great hair blog
http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair_17.html
No comments:
Post a Comment