Over the past 2 years Gareth and I have been through everything possible. As we have been growing our lives together; our separate lives have been flipped up side down, torn apart, and stretched to the limits. Yet, as time marched on we stood the test of time hand-in-hand taking on the world and its hardship.
Traveling through time together has had its up, its downs, its happy moments, its sad moments, its hard moments, its simple moments, but every moment has been filled with love no matter what is happening.
He knows me like the back of his hand. I'm his girl, and he's my man. I know I love this man and that I want to marry him, have his babies, grow old with him, and just be with him. It's hard though. Trying to start my own little family, while being in college, a job, a dog, nieces and a nephew. It's hard finding time for everything and everyone.
I would say our love keeps growing stronger and our devotion to each other grows stronger. We've become comfortable and fallen in a routine; it feels like we've been married for 5 years already.
Since I was told I had heart disease I would say that's the turning point for things to change. Now it's watching over me, protecting me, and avoiding things that might make my heart act up. I miss the adventure and fun. I never wanted my heart to change us or hold us back.
Saturday night the walls of concern came down. He let it all go for one night and just let me have fun; no worries, no pauses, no rules. I had the time of my life. I had my three best friends and him all out celebrating Casey, Bri, Alesha and my birthdays. The girls, Gareth and I all went downtown to the only country bar. We had a few beers, sang and danced the night away. It was perfect.
"Wagon Wheel" came on, Gareth loves this song. He grabbed me by the hand and took me out on the dance floor and the next thing I know he is singing to me and two-stepping with me. All over again I feel in love with him.
I've two-stepped before, but only with my family members. Being a country girl there is nothing sweeter or more romantic than two-stepping in front of everyone with the one you love. I was taken back, my breathe was taken away and I was happy. I couldn't stop smiling, nor could the girls. A man that can show you off and make you feel like the only girl in a crowded bar and not ashamed to do so in front of your friends is a keeper.
Just like that after we had fallen in a routine of safety and protection, the flame was light again. Love is amazing, it's always changing, it's always surprising. A simple dance can change her entire world. Turn the music up, play her favorite song, grab her by the hand, pull her close, sing to her, and dance the night away with her. Just never let the flame go out.
No comments:
Post a Comment